FEDERAL MEDICAID FRAUD DEFENSE ATTORNEY
HEALTH CARE FRAUD DEFENSE IN NEW YORK STATE
Health care service providers doing Medicaid business with the state and federal government may unknowingly cross a line where business becomes fraud. This is not altogether surprising as the rules and regulations governing Medicaid are extremely complex. At Sacco Tyner we provide aggressive and experienced criminal defense representation for those charged with Medicaid fraud throughout the State of New York.
Our experienced Medicaid fraud attorneys represent medical professionals and health service providers accused of state or federal Medicaid violations, including:
- Doctor and dentists
- Nursing homes
- Health clinics
- Home-care providers
- Transportation providers
If you are arrested for, or are under investigation for Medicaid fraud, call our office in New York, Albany or Schenectady at 866-642-3807 or contact us online immediately.
AVOIDING FRAUD CHARGES
Providers of Medicaid-sponsored services often receive seemingly harmless letters or calls from Medicaid fraud investigators. Do not mistake a request for files to be a simple audit. State and federal authorities cracking down on Medicaid abuse could quietly be gathering evidence against you. While you may not even know you violated the law, you can still be charged.
Do not attempt to address these matters on your own. The likelihood of facing criminal charges for Medicaid fraud often comes down to how the case is handled during the initial investigation. Consultation with a skilled health care fraud attorney is critical. Talk to us before you discuss anything with law enforcement authorities.
WHAT CONSTITUTES MEDICAID RECIPIENT FRAUD IN NYC?
- Submitting a false application for Medicaid. For example, a person applying for Medicaid might deliberately conceal information about income, assets or other insurance.
- Sharing a Medicaid ID card with someone else in Manhattan, Brooklyn or any of the Five Boroughs of New York City
- Borrowing another person’s Medicaid Identification card
- Buying or selling someone else’s Medicaid ID card
- Using multiple Medicaid ID cards
- Committing prescription fraud by forging or changing a prescription in NYC
- “Doctor shopping” or “pharmacy shopping” in order to obtain multiple prescriptions and get them filled in various locations in Manhattan, The Bronx or Staten Island
- Reselling items such as prescription drugs or medical supplies that were provided by Medicaid
WHITE COLLAR CRIME INVOLVING MEDICAID
From claims of overbilling and billing for services never provided, to allegations of receiving kickbacks and filing false insurance claims, we know how to protect your rights. We also handle related charges for insurance fraud, mail fraud and wire fraud.
CONTACT OUR NEW YORK, ALBANY OR SCHENECTADY LAW OFFICE TODAY
If you are accused of Medicaid fraud and need to speak with an attorney, contact Sacco Tyner online or by calling 866-642-3807.