Refusal To Test
Schenectady DWI Defense Attorneys
Are you facing criminal charges in New York for a refusal to test? A chemical test refusal is a crime in New York. However, the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt a number of elements to establish guilt in such a case.
At Sacco Tyner, our New York breath test refusal lawyers provide aggressive and experienced criminal defense representation on behalf of clients throughout New York. In addition to our work defending clients who have refused to take chemical, alcohol or drug tests, we handle a variety of other traffic violations including:
- Refusal to test (chemical test refusal)
- Driver’s license revocation
- DMV hearings/ALJ
- Speeding violations
- Careless driving and reckless driving
- Vehicular homicide
- Sobriety tests/breath tests
Protect Your Pocketbook and Your Driver’s License
A conviction for refusal to test (chemical test refusal) can result in a one-year driver’s license revocation. However, you have a right to a hearing. If you retain our law office, we will ask the following questions on your behalf:
- Did the police officer have a right to stop your vehicle?
- Did the officer have reasonable grounds to believe you were intoxicated?
- Did the officer give you a refusal warning?
- Did you in fact refuse to take the test (by saying no or showing your refusal through your conduct)?
If you have been arrested for chemical test refusal in New York, contact our law office for assistance.