Crimes on College Campuses
Cited for Underage Drinking? Been Accused of Date Rape? Charged With Drug Possession?
Facing criminal charges while in college presents a number of serious issues that require fast action and an aggressive defense. Not only may you face suspension or expulsion from school and possible fines or jail time, but the potential consequences for your future are just as serious.
Receiving a mark on your criminal record can jeopardize future job opportunities, make it difficult to secure housing and even affect the chance of finishing your degree or pursuing grad school. If you are college student or the parent of a college student who is facing criminal charges, it is essential that you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Talk to a New York College Defense Lawyers
Talk to an attorney before making any statements to anyone — even if you think you’re simply explaining your side of the story. Regardless of whether you’re facing a DWI or accusations of date rape, underage drinking, drug possession, theft or assault, what you say can and will be used against you.
At Sacco Tyner, our experienced Albany college crime attorneys can help college students from a number of colleges and universities around Albany and throughout New York State:
- University at Albany (SUNY)
- University of Rochester
- Syracuse University
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI)
- University of Buffalo
- Ithaca University
- Cornell University
- The College of St. Rose
- Union College
- Siena College
- Hudson Valley Community College
- Russell Sage College
- Schenectady County Community College (SCCC)
- Skidmore College
Representing College Students Facing All Criminal Matters
We understand the catastrophic effects a criminal conviction can have on your life. When you’re facing charges that could have a serious impact on your life, you need a serious defense.
The attorneys in our Albany, Schenectady and New York offices are equipped to represent college students facing a variety of criminal offenses, including:
- Drug charges, such as sale or possession of marijuana, possession or sale of a controlled substance, criminal use of drug paraphernalia
- Alcohol-related charges, including driving while intoxicated (DWI), driving while ability impaired (DWAI), underage drinking or providing alcohol to minors
- Theft charges, such as robbery, burglary, petty larceny
- Possession of a forged instrument, i.e., being caught with a fake ID
- Fight or assault charges
- Date rape, statutory rape or other sex offense charges
For a free consultation to learn how our firm can help with criminal charges facing your college student, contact experienced criminal defense attorneys Mark J. Sacco and James Tyner online or by calling 866-642-3807.